• Permanent part-time opportunity – 3 days per week - Hours negotiable
• Great culture - Flexible hours - Great work/life balance
• Join the industry leading NFP focused on transforming lives
Based in Alstonville, BaptistCare’s Maranoa Retirement Village is seeking a passionate Wellness Coordinator to join the team on a permanent part time basis, 3 days per week.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Village Manager, you will be responsible for providing effective assessment and planning to coordinate and support residents access to services to improve their independence, well-being and achieve their goals in life.
If you are passionate about coordinating integrated services that empower residents to live life their way, we would love to hear from you!
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
• Identifying the individual support needs, including the goals, strengths and vulnerabilities of Residents;
• Developing support plans to coordinate access to services for residents;
• Create an environment that fosters resident’s participation and well-being;
• Maintain and provide regular information/feedback to Village Manager of potential changes to resident’s situation;
• Co-ordinate and participate in leisure and recreational activities in relation to community inclusion as required by the Village Manager;
• Establish and maintain a network with community and local service organisations, volunteer associations, and other appropriate community groups;
• Promotes & coordinates team workplace innovation, change and continuous improvement activities.
• Min 3 years’ experience in Retirement Living, Residential Care, Community Services, Home Care or a related discipline;
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate the provision of effective and individualised support and information to achieve positive outcomes for residents;
• High level negotiation skills and ability to liaise with key stakeholders;
• An attentive listener with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and witty sense of humour;
• Tenacity, tolerance, empathy and patience with seniors ;
• NSW Driver’s Licence;
• Demonstrated understanding and appreciation of Baptist Care’s Christian identity and ability to promote the organisation’s values through interactions at work.
BaptistCare has been trusted by thousands of Australians across the retirement living, aged care and community service sectors since 1944. While we are not-for-profit, there are a few things that we certainly are for: outstanding quality and a quest to truly make a difference, not just in our retirement living communities, but in all communities. BaptistCare Villages are more than just a place to work, it's a community.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date. Closing Date is subject to change without notice.
Successful applications will be subject to a variety of background checks including police background check via our online police check system.
BaptistCare – Transforming lives by expressing the love of Christ
You consent to our cookies if you click "I Accept".
You can change your settings by clicking on the Settings link on the top right of the device.