• Permanent full-time position | Flexibility to work from home
• Improve the experience for people living in residential aged care
• Wonderful opportunity to join a supportive and dedicated team
About the role:
As a Quality of Life Consultant, you will contribute to improving the lived experience for people living in residential aged care by creating and implementing a range of strategies and initiatives. A focus on wellbeing as a foundation for quality of life will drive your approach and support BaptistCare’s ‘MyTeam’ relational and person-centred principles and practice.
Our ideal candidate will preferably hold a Bachelor of Health Science or a Diversional Therapist (Diploma) at a minimum, is a passionate and collaborative aged care professional with a creative flair for developing evidence-based project initiatives and continuous improvements that enhance the individualised care provided to residents.
What you will bring to the role:
• Bachelor of Health Science or a Bachelor of Applied Science, majoring in leisure and health or therapeutic recreation
• Diversional Therapist with at least 5 years' experience in residential aged care
• Demonstrated leadership skills including the ability influence workplace change using project and continuous improvement delivery skills
• Demonstrates the application of consumer engagement principles
• Demonstrate knowledge of the Aged Care Quality Standards and accreditation process
• Demonstrate an understanding and application of adult learning principles
• Valid drivers licence, car and ability to travel to various BaptistCare locations across NSW & ACT
• Genuine commitment to BaptistCare’s vision, values and purpose.
BaptistCare support thousands of people across 75 locations in NSW and the ACT. From humble beginnings in 1944, BaptistCare has grown into one of the nation's most respected care and community services providers.
We offer a competitive remuneration plus salary packaging with Not-for-profit (NFP) tax-free component, access to family/friends benefits like wellness programs, excellent online learning support and great team culture to name a few of our great benefits.
BaptistCare’s 18 Aged Care Homes are committed to providing person-centred care that encourages independence and quality of life. Our philosophy of care is based on Christian principles that are reflected in all aspects of our purpose, vision, values and services.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date. Closing Date is subject to change without notice.
Successful applications will be subject to a variety of background checks including police background check via our online police check system.
BaptistCare – Transforming lives by expressing the love of Christ
You consent to our cookies if you click "I Accept".
You can change your settings by clicking on the Settings link on the top right of the device.