• Permanent full-time opportunity with an industry leading NFP
• Brand-new cafe based in Red Hill
• Make a genuine difference in the lives of seniors
Located in the central suburb of Red Hill, the new Yarra Rossa Retirement Village Café is seeking an experienced and passionate Qualified Chef to join their dedicated team on a permanent full-time basis.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Chef Manager, the Qualified Chef will ensure the provision of a “cook fresh on site” service with the highest quality, client responsive, safe and cost effective food service.
Our ideal candidate will have a real passion for delivering a great food experience and a desire to grow and contribute to village life.
Responsibilities include (not limited to):
• Prepare, cook and serve food for the dining room and café.
• Ensure that the quality and presentation of food is served to a high standard
• Ensure customers are given a prompt and efficient service and expectations are consistently exceeded
• Ability to modify recipes to meet customers’ needs and requests (e.g. reduce salt, remove diary)
• Assisting in the orientation of new staff members in the catering area, as required.
What you will bring to the role:
• Minimum Certificate 3 in Commercial Cookery or equivalent
• Demonstrated competence in the storage and efficient use of food supplies
• Demonstrated competence in the maintenance of hygiene within a catering environment
• Demonstrated commitment to WH&S in the workplace
• High level of written and oral communication skills
• Excellent time management and problem solving skills.
• Strong customer-focus and empathy with seniors and their needs
• Ability to work in harmony with and support BaptistCare Purpose and Values
If you are an exceptional Qualified Chef looking to make a real impact on village life and brighten up our customer’s day, we’d love to hear from you!
At BaptistCare, we believe in delivering the best possible individualised care by keeping our residents at the centre of all we do. With us you can deliver life-transforming service, have a career you’ll love and join a team who make a difference.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date. Closing Date is subject to change without notice.
Successful applications will be subject to a variety of background checks including police background check via our online police check system.
BaptistCare – Transforming lives by expressing the love of Christ
You consent to our cookies if you click "I Accept".
You can change your settings by clicking on the Settings link on the top right of the device.