About the role:
This isn’t PR as you know it. Your role will see you support, build and protect the reputation of the BaptistCare brand across all streams of our organisation. You will work closely with the Head of Media & Communications to activate the organisation’s PR, media and advocacy strategies and select communication activities and projects.
It will all come together as you work with our senior leaders and generate earned media cut-through across the aged care sector and across our extensive suite of community services – pitching out important topics including homelessness, domestic and family violence and the future of aged care, through to the importance of food security or volunteering, and seniors reaching their 100 year milestones.
You’ll feel valued and valuable as you drive meaningful content and conversations that change lives and attitudes through our media, public affairs and advocacy activities. You know the power of engaging stories, interesting data and a strong headline.
With an eye for detail, you also know how to influence up, down and across as you work with stakeholders, and your people first approach to strategic communication projects will be a great asset.
You love to be busy, navigate your deadlines, and have a laugh with a great team of media and comms professionals. As is sometimes needed with PR, you’ll be able to take those (mostly) exciting after-hours calls from media too.
• Formal qualifications or equivalent experience in public relations, communications, journalism or a related professional field
• At least 5 years’ experience in a related role, preferably in a not-for-profit organisation
• Experience in planning, writing, editing and producing content across multiple channels, where you rarely bury the lead
• You have experience in issues and crisis management. You’re responsive, think carefully and act fast
• You know your way around digital communications and social media, including website platforms
• You understand the media landscape, and enjoy tap dancing among proactive and reactive opportunities
• You can write a pitch in your sleep, create unique thought-leadership pieces, and line up the assets needed to tell a truly great story (including event-related PR)
• You have high energy and confidence, and kind of like juggling competing deadlines and time pressures. You’re Organised with a capital O
• You’re keen to build relationships, with our staff, our customers, and media
• You might have experience with advocacy and/or public or corporate affairs activities – you know what’s on the agenda, or how to get something on it
• You can drive your own workload and projects from end to end, and use a variety of business tools to get there – including planning, production monitoring and reporting
• Most of all, you’re a team player. All the skills in the world will be great, but working as part of a team to achieve a shared objective will be part of what makes you tick.
• Salary packaging + novated leasing options + meal and entertainment card
• Real opportunities for career growth
• Access to in-house and online training programs
• Supportive, positive team environment
• Access to family friendly benefits like our wellness programs
BaptistCare support thousands of people across 75 locations in NSW and the ACT. From humble beginnings in 1944, BaptistCare has grown into one of the nation's most respected care and community services providers.
People enjoy working at BaptistCare because they love what they do and the communities we help. With us you can deliver life-transforming care, create a career you’ll love, and join a team who make a difference. Our 4000 staff are our most important resource and we take you and your career seriously. We want to provide you with a working environment and culture that supports you in your career journey and growth.
Join our fantastic team focused on PR, media, communications and events, and tell us why you’d be a great fit. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date. Closing Date is subject to change without notice.
Successful applications will be subject to a variety of background checks including police background check via our online police check system.
BaptistCare – Transforming lives by expressing the love of Christ
You consent to our cookies if you click "I Accept".
You can change your settings by clicking on the Settings link on the top right of the device.