HopeStreet Dubbo, part of our BaptistCare Community Services Division, are currently seeking permanent part time Case Worker to join our team.
Homelessness, drug addiction and mental illness are some of the issues faced by the people that visit us; exacerbated by food and housing unaffordability, unemployment and isolation, the situation is desperate for many. We strive to provide hope for people experiencing great trials, through care and services that address these issues, while also looking to strengthen and support the local community. As a safe place and a judgement-free zone, our team offers friendship and a real sense of community in place of loneliness and isolation.
At BaptistCare, we empower our staff by offering flexible working hours, a supportive team, training opportunities and financial benefits including salary packaging and stability working for an industry-leading provider.
The successful candidate will have:
• Relevant qualifications in the area of social work, community welfare or related discipline.
• Demonstrated experience in case work, preferably using a strengths based and trauma informed approach.
• Understanding of Response-based practice and harm-minimisation.
• Demonstrated ability to work with people from marginalised backgrounds with respect, dignity and an awareness of power/ privilege.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including computer skills along with the ability to work independently and also collaboratively as part of a team.
We love what we do and the communities we help. With us you can deliver life transforming care, create a career you’ll love, and join a team who make a difference.
We’re a not-for-profit organisation that connects with families, communities and thousands of individuals. You may know us for our aged care services - we also give back to the community through domestic violence initiatives, affordable housing, and offering no-interest loans to the disadvantaged.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please click apply and attach your CV and a Cover Letter. Apply now!
Successful applications will be subject to a police background and working with children checks.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date. The closing date is subject to change without notice.
You consent to our cookies if you click "I Accept".
You can change your settings by clicking on the Settings link on the top right of the device.