Senior Case Worker/Groupworker | Permanent Full-time | Campbelltown
Job no: 493234
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
Location: South West Sydney
Categories: Case Worker
- Are you an experienced Senior Case Worker passionate about children and families?
- This is a rewarding permanent full-time position based at Campbelltown
- Be part of a warm and friendly team culture | Enjoy salary packaging benefits
About the Role and the Counselling and Family Services Team:
Counselling and Family Services (CaFS) provides specialised casework through a trauma informed therapeutic care framework. CaFS creates an environment of safety and healing that allows caseworkers to walk alongside women and children and empower them to make healthy choices and realise their strength and identity to increase their independence and thrive into their future.
Our Senior Case Workers provide a specialised casework to women and children who have experienced domestic and/or family violence.
As the successful incumbent you will provide therapeutic care through casework, evidence informed group work, support, information and referral. We create an environment that fosters healing and improved outcomes for women and children. As a senior caseworker you will undertake client-focused and trauma informed assessments to identify the needs of individual’s immediate support and their ongoing case plan. You will also be responsible to take a facilitator role in group work and attend local network meetings and events to represent BaptistCare and CaFS.
- Actively participate in the development, and delivery of the service that will promote cohesion, cooperation, consultation and collaboration across the sector, providing a holistic approach to clients, their families and friends.
- Undertake all elements of casework and advanced assessments in accordance with national standards and competencies and the BaptistCare policies and procedures.
- Ability to perform risk assessments relating to clients as well as child protection safety.
- Utilise strength based and narrative practices in casework with women and children to develop a case plan, monitoring progress of goals, review and measure the outcomes
- Maintain clear and accurate case notes, documentation and records.
- Work within the principles and practice guidelines of the NSW domestic violence justice strategy, child protection and wellbeing legislation and trauma informed care framework
- Participate in opportunities of learning for clients through structured programming of evidence informed groups and activities
- Contribute to the development of the team strategy and vision and participate in implementation
- Build and maintain key relationships, referral pathways with relevant local services, and facilitate effective access and referrals to and from all other relevant local services
- Develop and maintain relationships with key service providers to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and Culturally diverse people providing a link with relevant people, programs and organisations
Essential qualifications, experience and competencies:
- Qualifications in Community Services, Social Work or other relevant fields (Diploma minimum)
- Knowledge and experience in trauma informed practices;
- Demonstrated experience of a minimum of three years in casework, case management or client support and/or assessment;
- Experience in delivering group work or training;
- Experience working with families or individuals who may be experiencing complex needs
- Demonstrated experience in casework and/or assessment of marginalised people;
- Demonstrated ability to work with individuals and/or families from diverse cultural and language backgrounds;
- Experience working in a trauma informed framework;
- Experience in delivering group work and/or training;
- Demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of BaptistCare’s Christian identity and promote the organisation’s values through interactions at work;
- Willingness and ability to supervise students and interns; setting tasks and activities, providing guidance and program related supervision;
- Current NSW Driver’s license and valid WWCC for paid employment purposes
If you would like to be considered for this role, please click apply and attach your CV and a Cover Letter. Apply now!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend