Senior Case Worker - Domestic & Family Violence | Permanent Part-time | Canberra
Job no: 493220
Work type: Permanent Part-Time
Categories: Case Worker
- Are you an experienced case worker passionate about women and children impacted by domestic violence?
- This is a rewarding permanent part-time (3 days p/w) outreach position based at Canberra
- Be part of a warm and friendly team culture | Enjoy salary packaging benefits
About the Role and the Services
The purpose of this rewarding role is to provide specialised casework through a trauma informed therapeutic care framework within an outreach service delivery model.
Tara’s Angels provides support to women in the ACT and surrounding area who have experienced domestic and family violence with up to two years of post-crisis support, helping women to connect with local agencies and services. We create an environment that fosters healing and improved outcomes for women and children. As a senior caseworker you will undertake client-focused and trauma informed assessments to identify the needs of individual’s immediate support and their ongoing case plan.
Our team work together to create trusted places where people gather, community is strong and lives are transformed. We walk with each person to understand the unique circumstances of their life and we empower them to live well through practical and reliable support.
- Actively participating in the development, and delivery of the Tara’s Angels service that will promote cohesion, cooperation, consultation and collaboration across the local family violence services sector with a holistic approach to victims of family violence, their children, families and friends.
- Providing direct service delivery, casework, referral and follow up for women and children that have experienced DFV to rebuild their lives.
- Ensuring all documentation meets industry and organisational standards
- Building and maintaining key relationships, referral pathways with local domestic violence services, and facilitate effective access and referrals to and from all other relevant local services
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key service providers to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and Culturally diverse people providing a link with relevant people, programs and organisations
- Working collaboratively with the local management to ensure women and their families have access, support, education, and referrals to ensure their own and their children’s safety is achieved and maintained.
- Where required participating in organisational programs in line with Divisional strategic directions.
- Providing information, education and group work services as required
Essential qualifications, skills and competencies:
- Bachelor of Social work, Social Science, Community Welfare, Counselling or related field;
- Extensive experience of a minimum of three years in case work, case management or counselling role with women, children and young people who have experienced Domestic and Family Violence
- Knowledge and experience in trauma informed practices;
- Demonstrated experience in casework; with women who have experienced Domestic and Family Violence
- Demonstrated ability to work with individuals from diverse cultural and language backgrounds
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Experience in delivering group work and/or training;
- Demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of BaptistCare’s Christian identity and promote the organisation’s values through interactions at work;
- Current WWCC check for paid employment purposes
- NSW Drivers licence
- Strong computer skills and experience using a client management system
If you would like to be considered for this role, please click apply and attach your CV and a Cover Letter. Apply now!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend