- Attractive Salary & Fringe benefits
- Manage a small team of dedicated staff and volunteers
- Empower individuals and families from disadvantaged backgrounds
About the role:
The purpose of this very rewarding role is to provide mentoring, leadership, support and management to staff and volunteers at the BaptistCare HopeStreet service and be aligned to the organisation’s purpose and values.
As the successful incumbent you will provide operational oversight, ensuring sustainable high quality service delivery aligned with industry standards and effective staff development, financial and risk management and stakeholder engagement. To be successful in this role you must have a high level of expertise working with people from ATSI and CALD backgrounds, people experiencing complex circumstances such as homelessness, financial exclusion, addiction and mental health issues, and women and children experiencing abuse and domestic violence.
Minimum Skills and Requirements:
• Relevant qualifications (diploma minimum) in Community Services, Psychology, Social Work, Community Services or equivalent demonstrated experience
• Valid Working with Children Check
• NSW Drivers licence and own vehicle
• Demonstrated leadership experience with minimum 3 years’ experience
• Demonstrated experience in working with people in a trauma-informed way, who have experienced marginalisation
• Demonstrated experience working in community housing and accommodation programs
• Demonstrate an alignment of BaptistCare’s Christian identity and promote the organisation’s values through interactions at work
• Training, skills and experience in trauma informed care
• Demonstrated capacity managing a multi-disciplinary team
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills as well as strong relationship building and networking skills
• Commitment to WHS compliance and oversight
We love what we do and the communities we help. Our team work together to create trusted places where people gather, community is strong and lives are transformed. We walk with each person to understand the unique circumstances of their life and we empower them to live well through practical and reliable support. We’re a not-for-profit organisation that connects with communities and thousands of individuals. You may know us for our aged care services -- we also give back to the community through domestic violence initiatives, community affordable housing, and offerings such as no-interest loans to the disadvantaged. Apply now! If you’re a natural born leader who possesses strong communication, organisational and time management skills, we would love to hear from you.
Successful applications will be subject to a variety of background checks including police background check via our online police check system.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date. The closing date is subject to change without notice.