Health and Well-Living Consultant | South West Sydney
Job no: 493005
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
Location: South West Sydney
Categories: Health & Well Living Consultant
Bring your skills, knowledge and training to support and develop an interdisciplinary team of home care experts.
About the role
If you have a vision for enabling older people to experience holistic quality of life through incorporating preventative and re-ablement strategies into individualised plans, then we need to talk! This role is for someone experienced in the delivery of Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy or Exercise Physiology to older people and is looking for a fresh challenge where you will enrich a large team caring for older people living at home.
In addition to delivering discipline-specific interventions to engage and empower our clients, you will play a key role in leading assessment activities, problem-solving, providing professional advice on complex situations, leading team case conferencing and using your knowledge and experience to support our Care Facilitators and Care Workers.
Now is a great time to join BaptistCare, as we begin the full launch of our new Well-Living approach to home care. Well-Living is about empowering our clients to live their best possible lives through maximising their physical, mental and social resources. Your role will champion the development of creative and multi-faceted supports to enable our clients to make the most of each day.
What's in it for you?
- A supportive professional team to assist in your career growth
- Supervision from experienced Allied Health Professionals
- Competitive financial benefits including salary packaging with tax free component
- Access to in-house learning and leadership development programs
- Stability working for a longstanding industry-leading provider
- Degree qualified Allied Health Professional (Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist or Exercise Physiologist) with appropriate registration.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in community aged care service provision.
- Experience in multidisciplinary teamwork and working independently
- Current unrestricted NSW/ACT Drivers Licence
- Experience in the provision of Allied Health assessment and intervention to older people presenting with complex conditions and situations
- Demonstrated ability to deliver innovative service provision and facilitate and drive change
- Experience with delivering staff and customer education
- Comprehensive understanding of health and well-being models in a community context, including re-ablement and restorative care models
- Advanced reasoning skills and the ability to operate autonomously with minimum direct Allied Health supervision
- Current first aid certificate
We love what we do and the communities we help. With us you can deliver life-transforming care, create a career you’ll love, and join a team who make a difference.
We’re a not-for-profit organisation that connects with families, communities and thousands of individuals. You may know us for our aged care services -- we also give back to the community through domestic violence prevention initiatives, affordable housing, and offering no-interest loans to the disadvantaged.
Successful applications will be subject to a police background check.
“I have been an OT for many years now, and I can honestly say that working for BaptistCare and being part of the Allied Health team is the happiest I have been in my OT working life! As an organisation I really do believe we assist our clients to live their best lives, and I am thankful I can be part of that process.” – Robyn (Occupational Therapist)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend