Recreational Activities Officer | Permanent Part Time | Bangor
Job no: 492495
Work type: Permanent Part-Time
Categories: Lifestyle, Other
- Permanent Part Time, 40 hours per fortnight
- Shifts: Thursdays (9:00-13:00), Fridays (9:00-13:00), Saturdays (9:00-15:00) and Sundays (9:00-15:00)
- Join our supportive and passionate care team in Warena aged care facility, Bangor NSW
About Warena Aged Care Centre, Bangor NSW
Warena aged care facility is a premier care centre in the bushland suburb of Bangor, in the Sutherland Shire, the centre is blessed with a welcoming and home-like environment. You can enjoy stunning landscaped gardens and comfortable sitting rooms where you can take in the natural vistas.
About the role
BaptistCare Residential Services Warena is currently seeking permanent part time Recreational Activities Officer to join our team in Bangor. The role works closely with the Lifestyle Coordinator in reporting, planning and presenting recreational activities for our residents. This role will include but not be limited to the facilitation of the monthly activities calendar, leading group activities, care plans for clients as well as therapy assistance to improve their quality of everyday life.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience working in similar role within aged care sector
- Certificate III in Aged Care or willingness to learn Certificate IV in Leisure and Health
- Hold a current drivers licence
- Bubbly personality and works well in a team environment
- Have the ability to support and facilitate clients to maintain and relearn skills related to all forms of recreational activity
- Have a mature and have an empathetic attitude toward the frail aged and you are a great team player with excellent communication skills
- Availability to work on Thursdays (9:00-13:00), Fridays (9:00-13:00), Saturdays (9:00-15:00) and Sundays (9:00-15:00)
We love what we do and the communities we help. With us you can deliver life transforming care, create a career you’ll love, and join a team who make a difference.
We’re a not-for-profit organisation that connects with families, communities and thousands of individuals. You may know us for our aged care services -- we also give back to the community through domestic violence initiatives, affordable housing, and offering no-interest loans to the disadvantaged.
Successful applications will be subject to a police background check.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend