Care Service Employee
Job no: 492433
Work type: Permanent Part-Time
Location: Western Sydney
Categories: Care Service Employee
In these unprecedented times when employment opportunities are becoming uncertain for many in the wider community, our organisation has a great need for care workers to join us in supporting our most frail and vulnerable.
We are seeking people to provide care and support for the Well-Living® of older Australians in the privacy of their own home. Please join our Home Care Team across Western Sydney, Cumberland and Nepean, Blue Mountains areas.
What’s in it for you?
- Guaranteed pay and hours - up to 38 hours per week negotiable*
- Base rates + penalties
- Mobile phone supplied
- Comprehensive industry training
- Keeping you safe with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required
- A roster that suits your lifestyle
- Opportunity for you to kick start your career in Community Home Care
- We offer competitive remuneration and family friendly benefits.
- Our staff are our most important resource and we take you and your career seriously. We want to provide you with a working environment and culture that supports you in your career.
About the role
You will form part of a Care Support Team that provides fundamental care promoting Well-Living® to our vulnerable customers in the privacy of their own homes. Safety is our first priority always and you will be supported by your Team Leader and receive training in providing personal care, infection control procedures and how to use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). You’ll be responsible for assisting vulnerable customers with light housework including meal prep and maintenance tasks such as cleaning and vacuuming. You will assist with personal care tasks such as showering, toileting, feeding and bed-making. You’ll also provide transport to and from medical appointments, grocery shopping and social activities. You will support primary carers by allowing them to take a break. You’ll also make our vulnerable customers’ day by simply being a friendly ear for them to talk to. You’ll be supported by an organisation that values their employees and cares for their safety and wellbeing.
- You have a reliable motor vehicle with current NSW/ACT Driver’s licence
- You have access to a computer or tablet device for online training
- You are resilient and have a positive and caring nature
- You are driven by the need to care and support for our most vulnerable
- You may have provided care and support to a family member or loved one
- You may have experience working in aged or community care and keen to progress your career in the for Purpose sector
- You’re a born listener, and genuinely curious to know and understand people
- We encourage nursing and allied health students to apply!
Successful applications will be subject to a police background check
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend