Recreational Activities Officer | Permanent Part-Time (2 days) | Leura
Job no: 492428
Work type: Permanent Part-Time
Categories: Care Service Employee
About the role
BaptistCare Residential Services, Morven Gardens is currently seeking permanent part-time (2 days per week) Recreational Activities Officers to join our team in Leura. The role works closely with the Lifestyle Coordinator in reporting, planning and presenting recreational activities for our residents. This role will include but not be limited to the facilitation of the monthly activities calendar, leading group activities, care plans for clients as well as therapy assistance to improve their quality of everyday life.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience working with people with dementia.
- Certificate III in Aged Care desirable but not essential.
- Hold a current drivers licence.
- Bubbly personality and works well in a team environment.
- Have the ability to support and facilitate clients to maintain and relearn skills related to all forms of recreational activity.
- Have a mature and have an empathetic attitude toward the frail aged and you are a great team player with excellent communication skills.
- Be flexible with rotating roster and able to work weekends.
We love what we do and the communities we help. With us you can deliver life transforming care, create a career you’ll love, and join a team who make a difference.
We’re a not-for-profit organisation that connects with families, communities and thousands of individuals. You may know us for our aged care services -- we also give back to the community through domestic violence initiatives, affordable housing, and offering no-interest loans to the disadvantaged.
If you would like to be considered for this role please click apply and attach a cover letter with a copy of your resume.
Successful applications will be subject to a police background check.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend